Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mmm Mmm Good

One of the benefits of having your own garden is being able to just walk outside and pick most of your dinner.  I really enjoy it and I often call my garden, "my own grocery store".  Last night I baked a couple turkey zucchini pies for dinner.  All the vegetables were picked from my garden just before baking.  The pies turned out great and my kids even ate them and came back for seconds.  One of my kids is very picky about food and even he had seconds!  Here's the recipe I used:

Zucchini Impossible Pie Recipe


Ingredients
1. Bisquick (1c)
2. cubed zucchini (3c)
3. eggs (4)
4. chopped green pepper (1/2c)
5. chopped onion (1 large)
6. vegetable oil (1/2c)
7. grated cheese (1/2c)
8. chopped garlic (1clove)
9. salt (1/2 tsp)
10. pepper (1tsp)
11. meat (1 1/2c) use any meat of your choice: hamburger, turkey burger, cubed ham

Method of preparation:-
1. First heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Take a pie pan of 9 inches. Spray with Pam.  Place meat, zucchini, green pepper, pepper, salt and onion into the pie plate.
2. Take a blender, blend the bisquick, garlic, eggs, vegetable oil and cheese in it. Blend the mixture properly and then pour this mixture over the zucchini mixture into the pie pan.
3. Place the pan in oven and bake it for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees F. Bake it until the pie changes to golden brown in color. Now take out the pie from oven and keep it to cool for about 5 minutes and then serve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment