Monday, September 10, 2012

It's A Lot Of Work To Get Rocks


What a day yesterday!!!  I decided to borrow my husband's truck so I could take my kids up to a well known mountain biking area up in the mountains....so pretty much in the middle of NOWHERE!  First we stop at a mini mart to get some munchies to go along with the lunch we packed.  We come out of the store and hop in the truck and it wouldn't start.  It was like the battery was dead but it didn't quit sound like it but we got a jump anyway.  After a bit it started right up and we took off for the mountains.  Once we arrived at the bike trails we parked and the kids went biking and I turned my ipod on and pulled out pen and paper and wrote for about an hour.  I actually knocked out about 5 or 6 pages of thoughts and poetry.  Felt good.  Once the kids were back we loaded up and tried, yes, I said tried, to start the truck.  "No can do" said the truck!  What an old fart it was being! LOL  A very nice young man who was parked next to us tried jumping our truck but no luck.  He then hooked our truck up to his truck with a rope and pulled us out of the parking spot and then moved his truck around to the front of ours and re hooked the rope to us and pulled us so we could try to pop the clutch and get it going.  Stubborn old truck didn't like that idea either!  So I walked up and down the road until I found service and called AAA to come save the day.  We waited an hour and the tow truck showed up....in the middle of nowhere he showed up!!!  We popped the hood and we all looked around to see if everything was good and we tried to start it one more time before he put it on his truck.  You know what.....the dang fart head started right up!!!  By then we were pretty sure it was the starter.  We were able to drive it home and park it. While we were waiting for the tow truck we loaded some river rocks into the back of the our truck.  I use them to boarder my flower beds I've been working on for the last two summers.  We got a few and would of gotten more if our truck didn't keep dieing. lol What a day!  We traveled to the mountains to bike and get river rocks and ended up having to fight with our old Ford all day. A lot of work and headache just for some rocks and a bike ride but oh well....our lives are always and adventure here....nothing is ever simple. LOL 
There's more to this story too!  After I gathered together some dinner for my husband I hopped into the truck once again and once again it wouldn't start!!!!!  Hubby needed the truck back to load his tools from the job site when he was finished.....I needed to swap rigs with him.....I drop of the truck and ride the Harley home.  Well, of course, it wasn't that easy.  I drove my son's car to town and gave Hubby his dinner and got the debit card from him.  Then went to Auto Zone and bought a new starter for the truck, went straight home and my youngest son installed it into the flippin' Ford.  Once the new starter was in, the old fart started right up!  We shut it off and tried again, still, started right up!!!  Happy dance!!!  Finally I was able to drive the truck in and swap vehicles with Hubby.  At least at the end of all this madness, I was able to ride my Harley. LOL  So all in all it was a crazy crazy day!  A lot of work for rocks for my flower beds!  Needless to say, we still need to get more rocks.  
John Jr. installing the new starter.
Hopefully the old Ford will be on better behavior on the next trip!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment